Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Bittersweet

Ahhh, the last days of my internship here at the SBB. Does anyone even read this thing? Well, regardless, I've enjoyed writing it.

Interning here was been a terrific experience, professionally and otherwise. I am still in disbelief at how exponentially this company grows every week, living up to its name (ya know, beanstalk...). Working here has introduced me to so many amazing, secret parts of Columbus I would have never discovered as a student at Ohio State. Really, it's a shame. Columbus is a GEM. That is not a TLA, it's literally a gem. All shiny and stuff. I thought for sure that future employers and other important people would glance over my resume as an English major, marking it with their big rubber stamp that says "Totally Unemployable," but these guys took a chance on me and I hope I done 'em proud. I learned a lot about the business world, a place that scared me before. Well, actually it still does but at least the SBB has given some tools to conquer it as the cutthroat business woman I could be one day!!

Apart from that, these guys are cool. No wonder they've created such a successful business with those stunning personalities and business savoir faire. I hope every professional situation I'm ever in resembles their casual approach...and involves happy hour drinks at several cool local bars.

As for me, besides being all torn up inside about my departure, I'll still be around supporting the guys and Columbus, my new home. I'll be working with Columbus Alive, trying to promote their limitless entertainment information (and the SBB card).

I bid thee farewell.

Yours,

Liz

(ps. I need a job.)

1 comment: